The fifth sign in Western Astrology. A Fixed sign, a masculine sign, a fire sign, an emotional sign. The lion is a very proud force to be reckoned with. They are dramatic, driven, spontaneous, vain, loving group, er, pride. Excellent hosts, organizers, the beautiful face of success. Even if they are momentarily not successful, you would never know it. Head strong and willful, they do not appreciate authority in the least, and have no qualms speaking up about it. They must be involved in almost every endeavor, and go to great lengths in order to ensure this. One could never say a leo is a bad parent, as it happens next to never.

Their colors are gold and orange, their stones are either ruby or peridot. Their flower is anything in the daisy family, and their planet is the sun. The whole damn sun. They do well at damn near anything they attempt, which makes the rest of us jealous on occasion. But don't let them see that, it will only encourage them. Their tarot cards are The Sun and Strength. They rule the hair, the heart and the back, and are either losing the hair or grooming it, and they need to be careful not to strain their hearts or backs. A famous leo leader in history? How about Napoleon Bonaparte.