Preamble:

It is difficult to describe the feeling of watching an extended train crash fifteen years in the making finally reach its horrific final act. This is an ongoing event, and likely the dust won't really settle for weeks or months as the court gets involved, expect updates as things develop.

Christian Weston Chandler, also known as Sonichu-Christine Weston Chandler, better known as Chris Chan is, to put it politely, an "internet personality." They gained initial online notoriety through their terribad webcomic, Sonichu, which led to people discovering their strangeness in real life, which lead to a fifteen year long trolling campaign against and around them, either deriding and bullying them, or feeding into Chris's delusions. As of now, Chris legitimately believes that the made-up world of CWCville (pronounced "quick-ville") from their comic is real, that all works of fiction they like are also real in alternate dimensions, and that some day soon there will be a "Dimensional Merge" where all universes will collide, and Chris and their chosen friends will be gods. Chris also believes that they are a goddess right now, with the ability to control events in CWCville and also curse people in real life.

    For a good, TL;DR video covering the main points up until 2016, please see Fred Knudsen's Down the Rabbit Hole video. It is 23 minutes long.
    For an in-depth documentary covering every shred of information we know about Chris, please see Geno Samuel's Comprehensive history series. It is 59 parts long, with an average run time of 40 minutes per episode.

Also, around 2017 Chris came out as Christine. I have opinions about this but for simplicity's sake I will be referring to Chris as They.

Don't @ me.

What happened?

The Short Version:

So if you went on Twitter the morning of July 30th, you might've noticed this Wu's eponymous hashtag, Chris Chan did WHAT?

This is because on July 30th, year of our lord 2021, an audio file leaked of Chris Chan admitting to having sex with their elderly, potentially dementia-suffering mother, Barb, every three days for the past month. Link here.

Soon after, chatlogs leaked of Chris describing having sex with his elderly mother. Linked here: 1 2 3 4 5.

Immediately, this spread across Reddit and Twitter, and the local police station was bombarded with calls for a wellness check on Barb. Both Barb and Chris were removed from the home, with Barb being taken in for observation, and Chris left to wander the streets with an Emergency Protective Order ("EPO") filed against them preventing them from contacting Barb or causing trouble.

On August 1st, Chris was arrested and charged with incest. It should be noted that Chris was picked up outside of their home county (as after being removed from the home, Chris was literally driving around and sleeping in parking lots), and as such, the incest charge likely won't be the only one they are charged with, but simply the one they used in order to grab him, and that when they're transferred back to his county, they will be charged with more (likely rape and breaking his EPO).

The Extended Edition:

The players involved in this seem to be:

    - Fiona: a female troll pretending to be romantically interested in Chris, who Chris believes is dating them.
    - Bella, AKA "10thAnonymous," a female troll who is friends with Fiona. She is the one in the voice call with Chris.
    - An unknown male troll who is helping orchestrate things.
    - Kiwi Farms owner, Joshua "Null" Moon. Null and Chris have a weird relationship spanning over a decade, with Null having started the CWKI Forum (the original name of the Kiwi Farms) to document/talk about Chris specifically before branching out to general gossip, unquestionably making it easier for Chris to be harassed, but also helping Chris through several dramatic events in his life and stating at one point that he would likely be the one having to help Chris sort out the house should Barb die.

At this point, Bella has been doxed, with her real name getting out. As far as I am aware, Fiona and the male troll have yet to be doxed, but I'm sure it'll happen any day now.

So for the past couple months, Chris seemed like they were on the upswing. They were in the process of earning money to go to the Everfree Northwest My Little Pony Convention through a GoFundMe organized by Null, who said that he wanted to see if Chris was capable of fulfilling obligations (namely completing and shipping the art tier-rewards available for donors).

When the audio and logs dropped, people assumed this was a deepfake troll op: that someone had cut together various audio clips from over the years and cobbled them into the confession. Chris Chan trolls have, in the past, been known to cross the line into legitimate and damaging insanity, so this wasn't out of the realm of possibility. But Chris themself confessed to three other people that the logs and audio were authentic. (Humorously, in his emails to the three individuals, Chris tried to spin this confession/verification of events as a test of trust, asking the individuals not to screenshot the conversation or spread it around, to which the individuals agreed.

If you look through the chat logs (again linked here: 1 2 3 4 5) and listen to the audio, at some points Chris mentions that they took advice about how to best prepare his mother for sex. Depending on what, if any, context is missing and whether or not the person he's talking to (Likely Bella) gave him the advice and/or knew that Chris intended to fuck his mother, the person talking to Chris may also be culpable, especially if the court finds Chris too mentally impaired to be responsible for his decisions. Furthermore, chatlogs leaked between Bella and Fiona reveal that they posted all the evidence online before submitting it to the cops, bragging about how they were the best internet trolls ever. It was very cringe and showed that they weren't so much "internet vigilantes" as drama hounds trying to make waves. Consensus seems to be that if they did not encourage or know what Chris was up to, just took the opportunity to reveal it, then their actions are morally right, even if their motives aren't. If they were the ones who convinced Chris to do it and egged them on, then they are reprehensible and ought to be in jail along side him.

There is some minor speculation regarding Barb herself and how capable and/or complicit she is in this.

STOP. DON'T. I am just REPORTING.

The reason some people are speculating is in part due to her well-documented past as a raging and manipulative monster, and the fact that she had been very inappropriately touchy-feely with Chris on camera in the past (cuddling with an adult Chris in bed and getting mad when he refused to go to bed with her. Stuff like that) when she was hale and hearty.

However if you see her in Chris's recent videos, she appears to be completely out of it. No longer is she "the snorlax," she instead seems to be a frail, dementia-stricken shadow of her old self. It is legitimately uncomfortable to see her on screen begging for money with the same thousand yard stare of a Vietnam Veteran. People/Christorians who have met her in real life say that she acts nothing like that off camera, and that she seems completely cognizant and self assured, and Chris has said in past last that she plays up the dementia angle in order to get pity donations from viewers. But we only have Chris's word and the word of a few dedicated-enough-to-meet-them-IRL internet trolls on that regard. If she is acting, then she is a damn good actor.

If she isn't acting, then Chris is guilty of rape as well as incest.

If she is acting, and she was a willing participant like Chris alleges, then the smart thing for her to do in order to avoid her own incest charges is to throw Chris under the bus and say she was unwilling.

I don't know these people, I have only an outsider perspective, but based on what I've seen of her, I don't think Barb is faking dementia. I fervently hope to God she is, and that's she's actually the best actor in the world, because at least then she isn't a rape victim from her own fucking son, and Chris Chan didn't rape his own fucking mother, but I sincerely doubt it.

A couple weeks before the audio/chat logs dropped, Chris apparently told Null that they had gotten an older girlfriend. Null posted the conversation after the logs dropped with the benefit of hindsight. It should be noted that Null was initially supportive of Chris during this, even after Chris's verifying the authenticity of the logs. This isn't because he supports motherfucking, but because, according to him, he thought Chris was lying in order to hide their "real' girlfriend. In the past, Chris has actually done this sort of thing before: Chris would try to hide Thing A, and tell an absolutely horrendous lie that was ten times worse than Thing A, and it would all fall apart and Thing A would be revealed anyway. Lying about fucking his mom to hide an actual girlfriend from the trolls is something completely within the realm of possibility for Chris.

So it's a damn shame that isn't what happened.

As previously mentioned, when everything dropped, the police received over 200 calls from internet people across Twitter and Reddit. Barb was taken in for examination, and Chris was cut loose but not allowed to return home, with a protective order against them. Chris was left literally wandering the streets and sleeping in a parking lot of a motel a town over.

As previously mentioned, Chris had a GoFundMe going, set up by Null. This was to get him to the convention, and any remaining money was to go to Chris's general aid. GoFundMe distributed the money to Null in escrow, who was supposed to give it to Chris directly. However, Everfree convention, upon hearing about what Chris did, banned him from the con, meaning the five thousand dollars or so raised by the GoFundMe would now all go to Chris. After receiving requests from donors, both requests for refunds and requests to get their promised art as quickly as possible before Chris went to jail, Null conferred with GoFundMe and, against their usual practice of distributing the money and washing their hands of it, they instead took the money back from Null's account and initiated refunds to the donors. Null's statement here.

Chris, now out of cash and not feeling like sleeping outside did the only thing you can do when you're got an EPO against you because you raped your mom: steal money from her account.

How do we know this?

QUICK, Christory break!

Idea Guys

During 2017-2018, there was an incident in Christory called the Idea Guys saga. The "Idea Guys" incident was when four dudes started ingratiating themselves with Chris and manipulated him to the point of actively extorting him. It apparently began as a gag to see how gullible Chris was. The answer was "very," and the four soon took advantage of this.

At this point, Chris already believed that CWCville was a real place, and that he could affect it with his magic powers. Joshua Wise, the main Idea Guy, convinced Chris that they could visit and influence CWCville by photoshopping images of news headlines in CWCville (example) and edited together audio files of Wise and assorted fictional characters talking. Wise started directing Chris on what was happening in CWCville, which Chris included in the 13th chapter of the Sonichu webcomic. Then they began threatening CWCville unless Chris did as they directed-- which resulted in more things they could extort Chris over.

According to Null, "So naturally once they have Chris believing that, they have Chris confessing to being a pedophile and raping his mother. Once they have those confessions, they threaten to release it to the public if he doesn't record himself shitting on the floor and punching himself in the face until tears and snot are running down his chin. At one point, they ask Chris to punch his mother, which he does (though he claims lightly)."

While Chris kept the entire ordeal quiet, people suspected something was up, and eventually a group of Kiwi Farms users called "Guard Dogs" figured out what was going on. They contacted "The Captain," a former friend of Chris who had access to Chris's Discord account-- including the Idea Guys server. They took all the logs and info while Null got Chris to give him all of the invoices and receipts from buying the Idea Guys stuff, and eventually tracked down two of the Idea Guys (Wise and another named Boyd), who had Chris send items directly to their actual home addresses.

By the end, the Idea guys had extorted 6,000$ worth of money and goods from Chris before being stopped. No legal action was ever taken, though the authorities were notified, and the ideas they gave Chris last to this day with the most notable being the Dimensional Merge idea Chris espouses.

So?

So after all of that, Chris gave Null access to their email account to help deal with spammers and scammers. I don't know if this is an on-and-off thing, as Null has said that he and Chris will go months without contact before Chris comes back with a problem of some sort and Null gets sick of it, but either way, Null had access to Chris's email during Chris's stint out in the parking lot.

And so, when Chris signed into Barb's bank account and transferred money, Null saw the email notification.

Null was not pleased. Exchange linked there. During the conversation where Null confronts Chris about taking Barb's money and breaking his EPO, Chris lied about it, which pissed Null off to the point that he finally washed his hands of the whole thing.

The next day, Chris was finally arrested on charges of incest.

The Story Ends? (Please? Please, God?)

So that's where we are now. As mentioned, this is an ongoing and breaking story, and court things tend to take a while to process. We still don't know what other charges Chris will be faced with, whether Barb is or is not mentally cognizant and whether she tries to protect Chris or not, if the people in the chat logs were somehow partially responsible in getting Chris to do what they did, or basically anything else.

As it stands, this is the most attention Chris has gotten in a while, with even normal people media reporting on it. One thing is for sure though, out of all the possible endings for Chris, this is probably one of the worst ones for everyone involved.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.