THE QUEST IS CLOSED. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART

Everything Quest : Content Rescue

THE MOTHER OF ALL QUESTS AND ALL AROUND FACTUAL FREE-FOR-ALL

Win Big Prizes!
No Purchase Needed!
Void where prohibited
OVER 1400 HOT, STEAMY NODES AWAIT YOU!



Who? Everyone's invited

When? From TUESDAY 2002-09-03 and until Tuesday 2002-09-24.

Where? Right here!

What? Everything on the Content Rescue Team's node list.

Why?

The blessed and enlightened leadership of The Content Rescue Team has come to the conclusion that the CRT's backlog of candidates for rescue has become exceedingly large and the rate at which new candidates are being added exceeds the rate at which they're being rescued. We invite you to help clear out the list and contribute to the further factual, err, enhancement of the database as detailed in our mission statement.

Eligible submissions and HOW-TO:

  • Everything listed HERE is up for rescue. The subjects are as diverse as can be with a slight bias towards entertainment and stuff but there's Plenty For Everyone.
  • Never mind if some items say that they're claimed. HIT 'EM! Don't ask for permission or submit a claim yourself. First come, first serve.
  • Submit your rescues to user crtquest.
  • Submit your contributions between 00:01 on 2002-09-03 and 23:59 on 2002-09-24 (server time). That's three whole weeks full of rescue fun.
  • It should go without saying (but shall not) that cut-and-paste jobs will be disqualified and their submitters publicly flogged. They will also be cursed and gain a dishonourable mention right here in this node.
  • Check the node to see what's already there. The list is not error-free and it might give you ideas. Include the information contained in existing writeups if you think you should.
  • If you think that a node title is wrong, discover that someone has already done a good job or have any other questions about items on the list please talk to one of the team leaders.
  • You're welcome to join the team if you feel that content rescue is something you like to do regularly. See here for contact info but please wait until after the quest is over. Applications received before the end of the quest will be ignored.
  • Only items currently listed by the CRT are eligible for this Quest. We know that there are many others out there in dire need of rescue but our priority is to clear out the existing list of known rescuable nodes a bit before adding more. No exceptions. SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS SO HERE IT IS AGAIN, IN PLAIN ENGLISH:
  • IF IT'S NOT ON THE LIST,
    DO NOT SUBMIT IT AS A QUEST ENTRY.

    THANK YOU.

  • No new items will be added or accepted for addition to the list itself for the duration of the quest.
  • Writeups rewritten by their owners will not be accepted. Hold the thought and we might do something for them at a later date.
  • Current members of the CRT, non-members and even people who have never heard of the CRT are invited to take part. Everyone's contribution will be treated and reviewed equally.
  • Look at the first list below under "notable rescues" for examples of stuff we love to see. Below that is the full listing of rescues.


Grand Prize:

A weekend date with our distinguished and sexy leader JayBonci! (BAP members not eligible BAP members are eligible, see in-store display for details)

Or maybe not... anyway, we fully expect to see the same level of quality that characterises factual writeups these days. Awards will be given in the form of XP and blessings. That's right folks. We will not be stingy when it comes to brilliance. Granted, XP isn't all that it's made up to be but even if it's just a vanity thing, enjoy it. As is the case with quests in general, you can also expect your fair share of votes and chings for your effort.

On another note, we're not just shopping for factuals. Not that we don't appreciate grand jobs worthy of, or even better than, an encyclopaedia but that's not all there is to it. Let's also make them interesting and fun. Give the subject your personal commentary and analysis (we all know that Alyssa Milano is hot, concise statements to that effect may accurately reflect your disposition but don't qualify as analysis :). Explicate. What's your relationship to it, do you have anecdotes that go with it? What's your take on Watergate and Spiro Agnew? What's hot in Missoula, MT? What did YOU like most about The Martian Chronicles? Is there a reason you prefer *this* C++ function over another? Your subjective view can make the big difference once the hard facts have been put down. Of course it's clear that one's personal take is unnecessary or superfluous in some nodes but we leave that to your best judgment.

Don't just be factual... BE INTERESTING!

Let's do it.

Notable Quest rescues:
The finest creations of the Quest so far

New rescues:
Updated Tuesday, September 25, 2002 at 00:04 server time by Apatrix

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.