Everything Snapshot

Time: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:23:22 GMT
Everything server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
Number of nodes: 372818 (436 new since January 19, 2000)
Number of users: 10352 (4 new since January 19, 2000)
Number of links: 129769 (1636 new since January 19, 2000)

Users Online: New Nodes:
The day it occured to me to make something official, instead of letting it slowly fade away any more than it already has.

It must have been E2. From the moment it appeared on the scene, it was over. I'd never find the enjoyment of going on a mad noding spree ever again. Not that I didn't try, mind you. For I did. But there was no feeling eminating from it. There was bliss on Everything, even when I was only linking. Here, well, it doesn't seem to matter. No, not in that silly manner from Everything, where you know it didn't matter, but it was fun because of it, because maybe people would notice, and things would grow like dandelions do in the summer. Here it feels like everyone's in their own world, with only strands to let them know they're not alone.

I can't tell you why this place reminds me of a stainless steel room, strong and featureless, but it does. Maybe it's how all the features on the page are wrapped up nice and tidy in their own packages.

So I declare myself no longer an Everything regular (having long ceased to be part of the Everything In-Crowd). I'll still be here from time to time, but like a friend that you just don't talk to much anymore. Maybe someday I'll be friends with the grey goddess of noding. Maybe.

Good news. Bad news. Both postponed. Mom visits, snuck her a present inside a backpack I had borrowed/returning. Recorded, audio cassette mix for a present, scratchy tape quality is harder to accept post digital spoiling. Movie time later, friends roommate rented The Big One, 5 day rental with days to spare. Checkers, viciously defeated, cowering black pieces in the corner. Soup and hot chocolate dinner in her co-op kitchen. Hours sneaking by, 4am before it ought to be.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.