I have to agree with kessenich, for several reasons.

In my 12 years of lower education, I spent 8 of those in schools that required uniforms and 4 in ones that didn't. In those 4 years where I could dress as I please, two were spent in American schools. Now, I was glad to lose that stupid tie I had to wear for 8 years, but the total lack of a dress code is even worse than a school with a moderately enforced dress code. I've never attended a school that was like the Gestapo with its dress code, so I don't know about that.

Frankly, this is middle school and high school, and trust me, those kids are incredibly gullible, easily subjected to peer pressure, and would do just about anything to get popular. Very shallow, they are obsessed with inane choices of dress. Gotta wear baggy jeans and tank tops!

If there was a dress code, it would deal a heavy blow to the popularity contest that is high school today. Dress is possibly one of the most distinguishing factors in the high school hierarchy of idiocy. Girls spend an hour picking their outfits. Guys go the the bathroom between classes to jerk their pants down a couple more inches so more dirt sticks to the bottom. For what? That's right, popularity. This isn't about invididualism or self-expression. This is a pathetic competition between bored and immature children.

Having spent years in schools with uniforms, I can tell you that people still look different. There are plenty of ways to dress, even with the same white shirt, grey pants and navy blue tie that I wore every day for years.

Want to express yourself? Talk like an intelligent human being, instead of showing off your latest Tommy shirts!

If all schools in America had school uniforms, I guarantee you that not only would the grades would go up, the attitude toward learning would as well. Here's some stats for you:

Countries that predominantly have school uniforms

Countries that do not have school uniforms Let the American kids spend hours every day deciding how to dress before diving into the popularity cesspool known as high school. Kids in Asia learn more, do better, and unlike what the idiots say, we have lives. Besides, once out of high school, I'd like to see these overdressed morons get a good job. Who's got a good life now?