I just had the most awesome piece of bread! When I was a kid I would never even consider eating anything but white bread, but damn does wheat bread kick ass! It was the most awesome piece of bread! It was super soft and squishy. You know you have a good piece of bread when you can eat the crust and then roll the rest up in a little soft squishy ball. Mmmm…breadJ You gotta love it.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the BOCES office and see if I can get a job. I was talking to this chick I work with and she was telling me all about working as teacher's assistant. I think I would love it. I love kids and it would be a great opportunity for me to check out the whole teaching thing. Ever since I can ever remember I have wanted to be a teacher but for some reason when it comes to actually do the school work associated with it, I can't seem to motivate myself. Some new legislation was passed which allows people with Bachelor's degrees to teach, without an education degree. This is way cool since I am so close to getting my Bachelor's degree in Mathematics. I would have to complete a Master's in Education within a set amount of time, but that's cool. I just wanna teach. I did some classroom observation at the Junior High level and I loved it. I am getting pretty excited about this! Woohoo! I could be teaching soon!

I heard it again today, "Deb, you're so easy to talk to!" It's not really that I am easy to talk to, it's more like I am a good listener. And it's actually for selfish reasons, I am really curious. I like to know about other people and I like to figure people out. I like to try to figure people out. I want to know why people do things, what they think, what their thought processes are. Some people say that I should be a psychiatrist. When Marty was going through his depression I became fascinated with the disease. I researched it at length. Sometimes I think that's what drove me over the edge with my temporary insanity - too much research. Sometimes it's hard to keep reality separate from reading. Sometimes when I am reading a particularly good novel I find myself thinking about the characters in the book as if they were real. I will be at work and I will find myself wondering why Joan thinks John is such a great guy and why doesn't she just open her eyes and figure out what the heck is going on?

Everyone I meet seems to have an opinion about what I should do with my life. My mom doesn't really care at all as long I hurry up and do SOMETHING! Some of my friends think I should be a teacher, some think I should be a counselor/psychiatrist, some think math is the thing for me and some think I could be a really great saleswoman. I agree with all of them. But I can't seem to pick one thing. Nothing really holds my interest for very long. Then again, all the jobs I have had are pretty menial and not one has ever been anything I would ever consider a career kind of job. But maybe that will change when I try this teaching thing.

But back to being a good listener. I think that I am a good listener because I am curious but also because in being a good listener you gain people's trust. And I like that feeling. I like to feel like people trust me. When you have been a good listener for a long time you learn to pick up on things. You learn to figure out when people are hiding things. You pick up on the little warning signs that tell that someone said one thing but meant another. This is very useful in relationships. But it's useful in everyday life. I would recommend to anyone that they learn how to listen to people. The only problem is that I have these listening skills and I forget that not everyone has them. And I get very frustrated with people who don't understand me because I would understand if I were them. That's entirely not fair, btw, I do know that. Maybe that's the difference between men and women. Maybe women are better listeners? Maybe it's not that we are so much more sensitive but maybe we have learned to pick up on the subtleties in conversation better. And since we can pick up on the subtleties of men, we expect them to do the same? Then when they don't, we assume it's because they don't care; they haven't taken the time to learn how to listen to us. I think that's a pretty decent theory. Based on the experiences I have had with men, both in relationships and life in general, men use the same kind of subtleties in their speech that women do. Hmm? I'll have to think about that some more…

See? There I go, trying to figure people out again! I didn't write anything inspirational today. I feel a bit disappointed in myself. I was thinking about writing a node about my personal philosophy on life but I didn't know what to call it. Maybe I will call it My personal philosophy? Yes I think that's what I will do.

Thanks day logs! I love you!