This comic book will be remembered in the future as one of the great Dumb Things Marvel Comics Has Done.

So let's say you've got a big-time hit movie on your hands (namely, "X-Men") that adapts one of your most popular comic titles (namely, "X-Men"). So do you work to create awareness of your comic and allow the buzz from the movie to carry over into increased sales for your existing comic books? Well, sure, that's what you and I would do, but Marvel chose to create an entirely new comic book (namely, "Ultimate X-Men") that replicates the look and mood of the movie while casting aside over 30 years of comics continuity and alienating existing fans who now have to fork over extra bucks to buy yet another X-Men comic book. Right now, the series appears to be generating a lot of good press, but it's all coming from either rabid Marvel Zombies or Wizard Magazine, which seems to have an editorial policy requiring them to love everything Marvel does. And of the three "Ultimate" Marvel books, "X-Men" has been way, way inferior to both "Ultimate Spider-Man" and "The Ultimates"...

In short, if you've bought this comic, sell it now while everyone still thinks it's hot, 'cause when the buzz wears off and the readers and speculators go away, "Ultimate X-Men" is heading straight for the "Four Comics for a Quarter" bins...