Last night I took a good solid look at my life. I heard a quote, and it struck me kind of hard. "Its not how you play the game, its how the game plays you." I took a look at all the simple things I have learned in my short time here. (On a side note, some of these were taken from "All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum.)

Share. Even if its something as simple as your cookies from lunch, or just a little hug.

My tastes are different then yours. Just because I like sushi, Jimmy Buffet, and blue jeans doesn't mean you have to, and it doesn't give me the right to force anything on you either.

If you love someone, you can't just love all the "good stuff" about them. And no, you can't change them either!

There were some things that were never meant to be said out loud - Like how you really feel about those shoes she's wearing, or that TACKY tee shirt he wore to your parents gathering.

Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.

Its the simple things in life that give us the most pleasure, and are the easiest to be forgotten.

Assume nothing.

Those who abandon their dreams, will discourage yours.

Those with closed minds are always the first to open their mouths.

Its better to feel stupid for a few minutes by asking that question, then to feel stupid for a life time having never asked at all.

A thousand plastic roses can't make a desert bloom, and a thousand empty faces can't fill an empty room.

In ending this post, I'd like to thank all of my close friends who have helped me learn and grow in life. They have been more then friends, they have been my adopted family. Sometimes the family we choose is much better then the ones given to us.