moved by bones' request:
First off, I'd like to thank the gods et al for their lovely performance last night. The most interesting puzzle was figuring out which clueless users were, in fact, newbies, and which ones were deities in disguise.

That said, the joke did go a trifle far. I'll pull out the soapbox here. Lesson from writing LARPs:

GM coolness is inversely proportional to player coolness
You can s/GM/god/ and s/player/noder/ to get the same effect. The problem this gag had was that it was really cool if you were in on it; funny if you weren't in on it, but got it, and not funny if you didn't get it.

The problem that most people have when they play practical jokes is that they don't know when to stop.


And for those of you that are disappointed in the juvenile behavior of our "elders," this is good for you. The gods don't know any better than you - if a god says, "You shouldn't do foo," what you should think is, "Hey, there's a reason she thinks that. Let me figure out why, and then make my own decision about it." You may disagree with the god - but do so because you are right, not because you are ornery.
Oh, and thank you for all the trolls so I could dump votes into downvotes for a change.
Can you kill the damned leetspeak so I can proofread my wu? Sheesh!