Finally i have the Internet back at my house. I've been planning to do this for a while but since i just got the Internet back i will start today. At the restaurant i work at we make what is called "staff meal" basically when business dies down we (the back of the house) have to cook something for ourselves and the front of the house to eat. I intend to start noding these recipes as a way to get myself in the habit of writing things for this site more often.

Now, i have a small caveat here about the recipes. When i/we make them we are not measuring ingredients. We are also making these meals for 10+ people and as such i will give you my best estimates for amounts. I simply ask that you bear in mind the kind of yield one will get from my amounts also keep in mind that my amounts are estimates, you will probably want to change some things to make the dish more to your liking.

Lime shrimp:

1 bag frozen shrimp 1 can coconut milk 8 cups basmati rice 5-6 limes 1 large white onion 1 red onion 5 tsp garlic fresh ginger*1 8 cups white wine honey red pepper flake teaspoon of 5 herb*

Take the white onion dice and saute with the garlic until the onion is caramelized. In the water that the basmati is to be cooked in add 1 de-juiced lime and some red pepper flake. When the basmati is done remove the lime rind and add the onion/garlic to the rice.

In a large saucepan put in the red onion (diced) and the 5 herb with a little bit of white wine. Cook until the onions are no longer so harsh and crunchy. At this point add the rest of the white wine, coconut milk, ginger, and the juice from all the limes. Bring this concoction to a simmer. As it cooks it will evaporate a lot of the alcohol and reduce some. You will find that the taste is somewhat bitter from the strength of all the limes. Simply add honey until the bite from the lime is evened out. When your sauce is to your liking throw the shrimp in and wait until they are cooked. Serve over a bed of basmati

*tarragon, thyme, oregano, marjoram, parsley *1 i don't remember how much ginger we used however, ginger should be the second strongest flavor after lime, so be somewhat liberal