Z is a real-time strategy computer game for DOS (a Windows 95 version was later released) by the Bitmap Brothers, published by Virgin Interactive on the 31st July 1996.

It is very simple compared to most real-time strategy games: there is no building creation or placement. There are already factories placed on the map, which you can take over and use to build such things as jeeps and train men, and radar.

The map consists of 12 areas, in a 3x4 grid. Each of these areas contains a flag, which you must capture in order to hold that area. While you are holding an area, you have control of any factories or other buildings which may be inside that area.

The AI tends to be rather stupid at times, preferring to blow up terrain rather than take the faster route around it.

Another fun feature of the game is the ability to snipe the drivers out of vehicles, allowing your own soliders to take these vehicles over. The sound clips are rather funny too, although the novelty quickly wears off.

It is a very fast-paced and fun game, although too simple for some peoples tastes. The hilarious FMV movie clips, featuring two incompetent, lazy and idiotic robots, easily make up for any shortcomings of the game itself.

There is a sequel called Z: Steel Soldiers.