8:30 AM

So begins my final AP test. AP Literature and Composition, 45 minute multiple choice section, followed by a 2 hour, 3 essay section.

This year's selection:
Wordsworth ("London, 1802") and Dunbar ("Douglass") poems, on people in the past, and how they would improve the author's time if brought foward. Had to compare and contrast, then point out what they have in common.

My answer in one line: "Every man's glorious past is another man's decrepit present" Something tells me Frederick Douglas would no doubt have agreed.

Following that, a section from Tom Jones, when tom finds the baby in his bed and his woman-servant respectfully suggests to put it in a basket outside the church. The nurse, in a few words: "If it does, so what. It'll die innocent, or become like it's mother"

Nice lady.

The third one dealt with irrationality, rational and reasonable actions, and the like. Fun stuff. Had to pick a character whose actions were seemingly irrational, but why this delusion made sense and their actions were reasonable. I went after Edward Albee's The Zoo Story.

Good choice, you say. Jerry is quite a loon, and his suicide at the end puts thoughts in *what'shisname's* head about things. Not so, I say. It's *what'shishname* that's acting delusional (to think there is actually rationality and true order in life), and his irrational responses to Jerry (whom, after realizing there is no such thing as a rational and sane world chooses to inflict this on *what'shisname*), while reasonable (everyone wants to maintain their idea of reality, no matter how disrupted it is), are the true act of insanity in the story.

Longest essay was the first, covering a page and a half. I'm not much for long essays. Let's hope I get a 3, as that'll likely get me college credit.

After which I headed to the EAST Lab, where I fought for a few minutes with Softimage|3D and attempting to get Mental Ray to render using the network (but to no avail). But you know what? I said to myself "fuck it." I was tired, so I sat with my friends for a little while at lunch, then left.

SOMEONE PLEASE BUY ME ANIME DVDS!!!
I need:
Trigun DVDs 1-8
Rurouni Kenshin TV disc 6
BGC2040 Discs 5&6
Gasaraki Disc 4
Escaflowne
Blue Seed and Sorceror Hunters/Bakaretsu Hunters
(by no means is this request to be taken seriously, but if you would like to send me some, feel free to /msg me!)