The movie would be a couple of hours long. She had suggested it, and he went along because of her. Had someone else suggested the same film he probably wouldn't have gone; it just didn't seem all that interesting to him.

They shared popcorn and whispered to each other during most of the film. He got up to go to the bathroom twice. She dutifully reported all he had missed during those times. Had anyone looked they might have remarked that they looked like a nice couple. Although perhaps she should have at least picked a boy taller than her (which is harder to do when a girl is over six feet tall).

They did look like a nice couple, they probably could have been a nice couple too. Everyone certainly liked to suggest that they could be more than just friends. But the truth was that both of them were very much in love with other people. She was still emotionally attached to her charismatic ex-boyfriend (the musician who was everyone's best friend). He still longed for that red haired girl. The one who wanted to do everything in her power to save the world, as long as it didn't mean she had to get close to anyone.

The movie was eventually over and on the way out they launched into their little game. It is a simple game really, if someone uses a noun in a sentence, you simply call them that noun. It can go further. She always liked to add something about his mother. But he didn't like to do that.

"Hey, I still have some soda left". He said, knewing what would come next.

"You're a soda" she dutifully replied.

They went back and forth like this for a while. Until they eventually went past a poster for the new latest Kirsten Dunst movie. He collected Kirsten's movies, and had almost all of them. She knew this; she also coincidentally looked a whole lot like Kirsten herself. She liked to tease him about both.

"There's your girlfriend" She said.

"You're my girlfriend" he replied.

"I am your girlfriend" she said, as a tear fell from his eye and he wished it was true.

These two friends then walked out of the theater, each going back to their own loneliness.