A few issues that I've noticed/haven't noticed with Kazaa:

First, the issue that's been mentioned about downloads restarting when your system is rebooted is something that's never happened to me. I don't know whether that's just because I've got a later version or what, but it certainly doesn't seem to be a problem with everyone.

Second, Kazaa doesn't seem to react nicely when certain programs are running at the same time it is. My friends and I have all noticed that it seems to have a particular loathing for Winamp (perhaps it views it as a rival in music playing capability?), and I suspect that it's not too keen on me running MSN Messenger. Also, woe betide anyone who tries to play freecell when Kazaa is around. In all of these cases, I have frequently had to hit the reset button (though thankfully without the trauma of lost downloads).

The third thing I have noticed recently is that whatever I search for, Kazaa turns up 3 or 4 certain files with names that I have never heard of, bear seemingly no relation to what I typed into the seach box, and have a strange gold icon. What's up with that?

However, despite these occurrences, Kazaa is enormously useful for anyone who downloads a lot of music and films from the internet, and who has broadband. On the topic of Kazaalite, I'm just downloading it (ironically enough by using Kazaa itself), and I'll try it out. Sounds good though, as those adverts are really beginning to get on my nerves.

Oh, by the way, if pop up ads are pissing you off, you might try pop up stopper from http://www.popupstopper.com . This nifty piece of software blocks all new internet explorer windows from opening unless you hold the shift (maybe ctrl?) key while the link is activated. Very useful!