user since
Sun Aug 7 2005 at 10:36:10 (18.7 years ago )
last seen
Sun Nov 13 2022 at 14:41:53 (1.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
145 - View vivaldi's writeups (feed)
level / experience
13 (Guardian of the Word) / 10122
C!s spent
6
mission drive within everything
To find that one thing I saw the first day
specialties
Everything
school/company
Kunjabbi Scrap Metal in Kabul, Afghanistan
motto
If you can't join 'em, beat 'em.
most recent writeup
Esso
Send private message to vivaldi

My real date of birth on E2 was Thu Jul 26 2001 at 20:03:38.  I changed my E2 userid in 2006 and transported all my writeups from the other account to this one.

HOWDY GUMSHOES!

What took you so long?

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

----Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Being the world's only superpower means never having to say you are sorry


It is a scandal in contemporary international law, don't forget, that while "wanton destruction of towns, cities and villages" is a war crime of long standing, the bombing of cities from airplanes goes not only unpunished but virtually unaccused. Air bombardment is state terrorism, the terrorism of the rich. It has burned up and blasted apart more innocents in the past six decades than have all the antistate terrorists who ever lived. Something has benumbed our consciousness against this reality. In the United States we would not consider for the presidency a man who had once thrown a bomb into a crowded restaurant, but we are happy to elect a man who once dropped bombs from airplanes that destroyed not only restaurants but the buildings that contained them and the neighborhoods that surrounded them.

--C. Douglas Lummis


A terrorist is someone who has a
bomb but doesn't have an air force

 


How to do a writeup on an album/group:(and get some cool recognition)
Fleetwood Mac - Blonde on Blonde - Love and Theft - Final Cut -Automatic For The People - Astral Weeks

If you know of an album or group writeup that you think should be on this list, please let me know.


I'm a spelling pedant:
I can't be cured. I often help people with spelling deficiencies in their writeups. I don't downvote stuff solely because of spelling errors. If you received a /msg from me telling you about typos in your writeups please consider it a compliment times two. Firstly I completely read your writeup and secondly I felt it was worth improving by sending you a /msg. If the writeup is corrected and you let me know I will even give you an upvote if I haven't already.

I'm not free of typos and misspellings either, but there is usually a point in a person's writing where the typos become such a distraction that the whole point of the writing is lost. I would encourage everyone to /msg the author politely to suggest spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammatical errors (especially if it's me!). (Obviously, don't waste your time if you think the writeup should be nuked even after it is corrected)

Tools you can use to spellcheck your work:

  • www.spellcheck.net - will check your whole writeup. Useful if you don't have access to a good word processor.
  • A word processor - every major word processing software program allows you to spellcheck.
  • www.dictionary.com - to check a single word.
  • www.google.com - to check spellings of single words and phrases. Just search for your word or phrase and then try one of the alternative spellings - in your writeup use the most agreed upon spelling.

 

Comic relief on this topic: If you can't spell, you're an idiot. "Original ideas" don't come from idiots.

Kittybox snippets::

sometime between Jul 31, 2001 and Oct 01, 2001: I forgot to save the date when I first captured this snippet
  • SlikWili: anyone know a good way to tell a girl she is too dumb for me?
  • dannye: Sorry, Slik. There is no such girl.
  • Xamot: act condecending (that means talk down to)
  • donfreenut: Wili: say, "Listen, this isn't going to work out. I'm too much of an asshole for you."
Jan 17, 2002
  • dwardu A prediction for loners in the catbox : "If you've ever wondered how long you could endure without the comforts of human love, you should find the next 57 years very illuminating."
  • PaladinZ dwardy, don't make it worse
  • Chiisuta is frightened!
Nov 6, 2002 6:01 GMT
  • Cool Man Eddie wick ain't got no peter / and his uzi's a muthafuckin heater / nigga may be two sexes / but he ain't got no head fo' meter.

 


My botched /msg archive:

Nov 13, 2001
  • pjd /mag (darsi) Oh dear. Poor you. How do you mean score with werty?
  • (darsi) silently cringes
  • call 8.5
  • ascorbic 8.9
Jan 04, 2002
  • dustfromamoth "I know, I know, you made it up as you went along." i didnt make up one thing. all this would be quite fine, except that being an editor or god is not the same as having a licence to be cuntish. so while you're all doling out aggressive suggestions, let
  • dustfromamoth oh fuck. not for you guys.
  • xxxxxxxxxx umm...9.4 assuming that was a botched msg
  • Orpheum 8.5
  • dustfromamoth hahahha. but you dont know who its to, so it cant be very high
  • TheBooBooKitty That is would have been a 10.0 if we knew who it was aimed at.
Jan 08, 2002
  • disgruntledwren /msgcbustapeck If you were sorry, you would've kept your hands off of me. STOP FUCKING MESSAGING ME. I'm serious you fucking pervert.
  • Walter is not rating that one.
  • Templeton 10.0
  • ascorbic9.9 I want to believe
Jan 16, 2002
  • wertperch ...and I know that I can ask. It's just I'm not sure *I* need to, if you understand that! It's not like I don't know your circumstances, is it?/msg BlueDragon
  • Strong_Bow79 8.5
  • dwardu ack!
  • (darsi) so ambigious but hey 9.9
Jan 23, 2002
  • SEF: sg yossarian Yoss, don't call me a liar. A fool perhaps. That's a failure of attention. A liar is a criminal. Chose your words.
  • DrSeudo: ooh, fight! 6.8
  • seeya is a liar with his pants on fire.
Jan 23, 2002
  • bol: /mag Frankie When I was a kid, I had to take lots of steroids for my asthma. This had the wweird effect of puching all my veins a little closer to my skin, which means that the surface temperature of my skin is slightly warmer than normal people
  • bol: lol. /me takes a bow
  • yesno: 9.4
  • uncleozzy: 8.5! you're like a superhero!
  • dannye: That is the sorriest ass line I have ever heard for trying to get virtually laid. Just tell her IT'S FRICKKEN HUGE! bol. It doesn't have to be all warm and shit.
Dec 13, 2002
  • witchiepoo: /msg MrMystic has been warned that his last node was kind of a bloated windbag of bad form, and that if he does not make it better I will kill it with my stabby stabby. I say let it gather downvotes BEFORE I kill it. He can't write well enough to fix it.
  • witchiepoo: uhm - sheesh. That was sposed to be for ed's only.
  • Pandora: 8/10 ++ for the stabby stabby :)
Feb 18, 2003
  • 20:19 saucerofmilk /mg amnesiac well hey, fuck you too. I was just trying to be helpful.
  • 20:19 ascorbic Whayhey! 8.9
  • 20:20 MightyMooquack 8.5 signs of conflict
  • 20:20 DrSeudo 8.1 - oh no you DIDN'T
  • 20:20 ac_hyper oooh...7.0 for use of "fuck".
  • 20:20 briglass 9.5, hurt feelings
  • 20:22 saucerofmilk sorry guys. don't I feel like a dumbass.
  • 20:29 saucerofmilk I just told him that on his homenode pic, Adidas was a german company and didn't fit with the rest of the logos. He responded with "get a fuckin life" -- OUCH.

 



The best of Everthing:

A small smattering of writeups I found interesting:
how to brush your teeth in a combat zone - I hate this fucking orange cat -My Stupid Little Life - 100 Psychological Experiments To Perform On Your Son - Harry Chapin- The Bear FAQ - Is theonomist on crack? - I may dream in technicolor, but I trip the fuck out in old-school black and white - Dissed by a Five Year-Old - I played solitaire for a year for the chance to use one line... - how to eat an artichoke - you gotta leave your mark somehow, and if you can't leave a purple face, leave something else! - Quizro's phone smells like cigarettes and Obsession for Men (gay porn version) - Watching the disk defrag - My Mom's Reply - "Mum, Dad, I've packed my bags and I'm moving out. I'm staying at Everything2." - Ok, here's the thing, I'm really fucking patronising. - The Q - Civil Disobedience Bloomers - indigenous peoples of downtown Wal-Mart - FAQ for the Moaning Goat Meter - "But offstage things were falling apart..." is a registered trademark of VH1 Behind the Music - Getting your oil checked, or acute adolescent appalachian homosexuality - Pretending to be Webster 1913 to score at parties - Pile of kittens - When you fly like thunder, I am reminded of Icarus and Bellerophon. How does your myth end? - Camel Lights - Where The Wild Things Are - E2 is Unfriendly to New Order - Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradox; The complex moral world of Too $hort - Manual Operation of Train Signals (or "Making ding-ding with no choo-choo") - My regret sits on the floor like someone else's polaroid photos - Pool hall - spelling pet peeves - Sins of the Fathers - - The Chatterbox is NOT the search box! - Self Improvement is Masturbation - The Price Is Right - Turing Machine - Who are the people in your neighborhood? - Ruining your illusions of me. Or cementing them. - My first writeup - moist monkey love - 16 (idea) - intellectually drop dead gorgeous (idea) - Getting an apartment in New York City versus getting an apartment elsewhere - How to Bless a Seismograph - Lightweight and Efficient Application Protocol - Stereogram - How to shuck oysters with a pocket protector and slide rule -

Odd balls:
about nobody - Golden Trinkets - Realize your connection with the Infinite - The New York City Noder Compound - "Fezisms Generator" - wine bottle sizes - Dream Log - Nodespoofers - Nate's SVLUG Talk - vttest - Everything I-Ching - Nothing Found - Piercisms Generator - Teddisms Generator - Duplicates Found - The Problem With Leftovers... - Summertime Bones - Ringo Nate - Kung-Fu Cowboyneal! - Nate and Dem Bones - Nate's Pseudo-Wisdoms - Block Stacking Theory

Funky tools:
alphabetizer - Message Inbox Threads - Internet Explorer Everything Search Button - Node tracker - Java Node Tracker - E2 Nodegel Visualizer - E2 Full Text Search - E2 Offline Scratchpad - E2 Word Counter - Noding speedometer - E2 Color Toy - color_swatch - Named HTML Colors - color fun - Wharfinger's Linebreaker - Reference Desk - E2 Paragraph Tagger - E2 List Formatter - VARS information - Database Lag-o-meter - Donation Box - Everything Email Options - Node Row - Break Tag Machine - punch thyself - word messer-upper - Voting Oracle

Who we are:
EMAR - Who to send presents to, and when. - "out" everythingians - Pictures of Everythingians - voices of Everythingians - The Everything Webcam Registry - The Everything People Registry - The Power Structure of Everything 2

Other stuff:
As Cool As It Gets - Everything Document Directory - 25 - E2N - ENN - The really frickin long nodename meta node - The "Your node sucks, fool!" metanode - so many insulting softlinks it's funny

Improve your noding:
Free your mind, add some pizzazz to your writing - Node your homework - Node What You Know - Node What You Don't Know - Massive Blocks of Text Are A Bad Thing - Surely you must know SOMETHING! A call to arms! - The Content Rescue Team : Nodes

Some wonderful work by Webby 1913:
broad-leaved, palatalize, diplopod, Scholastically