A long, long time ago, moJoe (whose writeup here has since been deleted to make way for this one) created the Everything People Registry so that we all could find it easier to locate each other for purposes of noder gatherings, blackmail, homicide or just good, old-fashioned stalking. The relatively new E2 Meetup should be considered complementary to the Registry.

Over time, the Registry caught on, hundreds of noders added themselves to it, and several of its nodes got quite out of hand. In May 2002, TheDeadGuy and alex took charge of turning it into something perhaps duller than the previous mess, but definitely more useable. And here's how we're doing it:

Each area/node has one maintainer who will be assisted by all editors. We do not try to impose any specific style on the node maintainers but ask that noders be grouped in some vaguely geographic and/or alphabetic fashion and their approximate location be mentioned wherever possible. Details and cosmetic additions are the choice of each individual registry maintainer.

If there is no local maintainer for your local Registry and you wish to maintain it and promise to keep it clean and tidy and update it regularly, just tell us you want it. As long as you intend to still be here a year from now, it's yours. We consolidated a fair number of them ourselves and really want them off our hands. We will also accept natives and former residents who are intimate with the geography and local oddities of a Registry area. The only requirements are that you be a L2 or over noder and that your E2 account be at least six months old. This is to avoid handing over maintainership to people who rarely show up or node, and give priority to those who have demonstrated some staying power and are more likely to be around in the future. We will also hand over the keys to someone if their local registry's maintainer has been gone for three months or more.

The following fine noders responded to our call and have taken over one or more registries: Footprints, weasello, simonc, Palpz, mblase, ryano, NinjaPenguin, AndieX, betsy, etoile, break, wertperch, jessicapierce, Saige, passport, ailie, yossarian, atesh, cbustapeck, creases, shallot, Demeter, Albert Herring, mkb, liveforever, ascorbic, Kidas, liontamer, Glowing Fish, CzarKhan, sauron, ophie, dharmaraja, BtS, discofever, eponymous, anemotis, katherine, Starke, Cosmyre, SharQ, StrawberryFrog, TallRoo, Teiresias, hamster bong, xunker, 7Ghent, Mitchevious, Byzantine. Segnbora-t, RubenAzarja, Stavr0, disillusioned, in10se, Kit, illsorted, ive_brussel, Skoob, kozmund, Lennon, gn0sis, sneff, vivaldi, adamk, wazroth, Spasemunki, No Springs, nocodeforparanoia, Jack, Swap, heppigirl, avalyn, Two Sheds, Darksied. Sorry if I missed someone.

You can contact TheDeadGuy or me with related comments or requests.

US AND CANADA

 

EUROPE

 

NORTH AFRICA AND THE MIDDLE EAST

  • Iraq (alex - LOCAL MAINTAINER WANTED, PERMANENT RESIDENT ONLY)
  • Israel (Footprints)

 

SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA

 

OCEANIA

 

ASIA

 

LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN

  • Argentina (juca2)
  • Central America, including Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama (Swap)
  • Brazil (ive_brussel)
  • Peru (adamk)

 

ELSEWHERE

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.