Talon also happens to be an inverted coaster built at Dorney Park at Allentown, Pennsylvania in 2001. Talon is the 8th of the currently residing nine roller coasters and is the fourth roller coaster to arrive at Dorney Park since Cedar Fair bought the amusement park. Talon is the second roller coaster in the purported Birds of Prey Bolliger and Mabillard inverted coaster trilogy with Raptor at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio being the first and a rumored Falcon at Valleyfair! in Shakopee, Minnesota or Golden Eagle at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri being the third roller coaster to complete the trilogy. However, Talon is the last addition to the rumored Birds of Prey trilogy for now. This inverted coaster has its tubular track filled with sand to make the ride quieter. This was done in accomodation of noise ordinance restrictions in Allentown. Talon is the most expensive roller coaster in Dorney Park at a cost of 13 million US Dollars whereas Steel Force cost 10 million US Dollars. Talon remains as being the only non sit-down roller coaster (until 2005) at Dorney Park especially since it is an inverted coaster, in which the restraint goes over the shoulder and one's legs dangle below the seat. Talon features a vertical loop, zero G roll, immelmann turn and corkscrew element.

Statistics:

  • Length of Track: 3110 feet
  • Length of Ride: ~2:33
  • Top Speed: 58 mph
  • Capacity: 1200 riders per hour
  • Height: 135 feet
  • Trains: 2 with 8 rows. 4 persons per row.
Sources: www.dorneypark.com; www.rcdb.com; www.coasterbuzz.com