I've been thinking again. While that's usually dangerous, I've come up with an interesting thought.

Dreams are motion pictures.

Okay, before you declare me insane, put me in a strait jacket, haul me off to an asylum, and lock me in a rubber room where I'm forced to eat jello without utensils, hear me out.

Your mind is actually living two lives. In one life, you're who you believe yourself to be. You have a social security number, you pay your taxes, and you help your landlady carry out her garbage.

(Contemptuous Inhalation)

The other life is lived in a sort of studio. Throughout the day, you are gathering information that is stored within the depths of your mind. Some of it is recorded more vividly than the rest, while most is irrelevant fodder, and is discarded quickly. There are certain aspects to your day that snap into your mind that you may not be aware of, but your subconscious decides them to be excellent material for a script. Add this to your life's experiences, your hopes, your dreams, your very thoughts, and you have a wonderous canvas on which to paint.

So as you live your life during the day, your subconscious is tremendously busy. It's writing an elaborate script, pulling a cast from an infinite supply of performers, and building intricate sets that defy realism. Of course, your conscious mind is totally unaware of this process.

Until you fall asleep.

The mind is tricked. You drowse off into unconsciousness, and WHAM, you're plopped right into a scene without warning. You yourself become both character and audience in the production. While you act out your predetermined role, you are also viewing your actions and their results, observing every detail in its unrealistic splendor.

And of course, there are an innumerable amount of genre selections; Horror, Romance, Action, Adventure, Erotica. These films can be uncomfortable, arousing, exciting, or scary as hell - but since the scripts are tailored specifically for your particular level of intelligence, they're always meaningful and entertaining. And like a good film, the strong dreams are difficult to forget.

Every night is a new and unique production.