if you've never seen the legendary pink dots live, then this is unlikely to make much sense. there is a certain closeness, almost a oneness with the divine, that happens in a small club with a barefoot prophet shrieking before a discordant band on a stage that's barely above the floor. the silvercrow and his luscious sister (depravity) still pull at the back of my mind, even after all this time...

kissing around maraschino cherries and blowing feathers at the stage...his face and mine buried in her heaving bosom...angels with broken wings, we three. she pawed at me, he drank her beer, i pushed cherries into his mouth with my tongue...edward wailed with melancholy in the background, and niels came upon us like a jovial angel of the apocalypse, blinding our triad with the lights on his mole glasses. (i sat at the bar with niels for a little while.)

they opened with 'spike'. "oh captain, my captain--" i wailed, "my joy is complete!" i resisted the urge to call him 'father', like a priest. silvercrow began to cry at some point, and we held him and dried his tears with our lips and fingers. "sabrina!" he shrieked, "i wish she was here! it isn't fair!" i gathered from the continuaton that she was dead. he clutched us close and sobbed like a child. i felt the messianic urge rise in me... "everyone you ever loved is here in this moment. we may not be able to go to heaven, but he will sing the sky down and heaven upon us." i pointed to edward. we danced. we shrieked lyrics in each other's faces. we blew feathers to heaven. we breathed each other's breath. we pointed to the ceiling, yelling "the saucers are coming!" "lay down and trust," we screamed. i drank from the flesh of these vampyres; i let them taste of my soul. they packed my clothes full of feathers. up in arms we came together, arm in arm, we left as brothers...silvercrow kissed my shirtfront on his ecstatic quest for heaven, and sister depravity stepped closer behind me, becoming an extension of my wings (!?!) and spine, her breasts and knees sliding through my oddly discorporeal flesh...to sleep, perchance to dream. it all loses continuity here, like a beautiful dream.