Tucked away on the outskirts of Poplar Bluff, Missouri, is a new family attraction called Bluff Falls Water Park and Entertainment Center. It is located just 16 miles south of Wappapello Lake, off of Highway 53 and Cheshire Blvd.  This family fun center is a great place to spend the day. Although Bluff Falls is not as big as Noah's Ark water park located in the Wisconsin Dells, it serves the small community of Poplar Bluff just fine.

There are several attractions inside Bluff Falls, such as:

Batting Cages:  With speeds ranging from slow pitch, to over ninety miles per hour, the batting cages are a challenge, no matter what skill level you are.

Miniature Golf:  Spend time on this 18 hole miniature golf course. I can not think of a better way to get a tan. It is always a fun time playing on this course.

Kiddy Land:  This is like a miniature water park for the young kids. It has 3 slides, water guns, a small shallow pool, and a huge bucket in the shape of a pineapple, that dumps water on the kids.

Lazy River:  This shallow river winds its way around the south end of the water park.  We have spent many days relaxing on float tubes, getting tanned as we float our way around the water park. This is a great way for the parents to unwind as their kids play in the water park.

Water Slides:  Bluff Falls has 3 water slides. All 3 are 45 feet tall.  There are 2 open topped slides you can go down using a tube, and there is 1 fully enclosed slide if you enjoy a quick and wild ride. All 3 slides let you splash down in a small pool, and you can float right into the lazy river if you choose to.

Wave Pool:  This 18,000 square foot pool will toss and turn you with its 5 to 6 foot swells. The best way to experience this wave pool, is on one of the float tubes found throughout the park. Be sure you hang on tight when the waves are at full force, it will give you a wild ride you won't soon forget.

Sandy Beach:  This enclosed area is great for the small kids who want to build a sandcastle, or just play in the sand. With it's Big Squirty water tower showering the beach with a cool mist, it makes for a fun in the sun day for the little ones.

Arcade: Be sure to stop by the arcade. Have hours of fun playing their many pinball and video games. They also have games of skill like ski-ball that gives you tickets that are redeemable for toys and candy.

Go Carts: Hop on board one of their go carts and race your friends around the winding track. With its many corners and turns, you and your friends can have fun passing each other, until the checkered flag is waved.

Bluff Falls is open 10am to 7pm from Sunday to Thursday, and 10am to 8pm on Friday and Saturday.

They also have party rooms for rent for events such as: birthdays, holidays, church events or fundraisers.

Enjoy a meal at the water park, at their food pavilion. There is a variety of foods available such as:

  • Pizza by the slice, or whole
  • Turkey legs
  • Hamburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Ice Cold Soda
  • Ice Cream
  • Dippin' Dots (Our family's favorite snack at the park)

They offer many different options on admission prices. You could buy a year long family pass, or just an afternoon pass, whatever one fits your needs. They have daily price specials too. We find that going in the afternoon is cheaper, and less crowded. It has always been a fun day trip for the family during the long hot summer.


Source:Many visits to Bluff Falls
and
Bluff Falls Water Park and Entertainment Center. 12 Aug 2004 <http://www.blufffalls.com/>.