"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

Conservative political pundit, best known for outrageous statements and over-the-top invective, much of it detailed in writeups above.

Coulter was born in New Haven, Connecticut on December 8, 1961. She graduated from Cornell University, where she founded the "Cornell Review," and received her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, where she served as the editor of the Michigan Law Review. She had a private practice in New York City, served as a clerk on the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and worked for the Senate Judiciary Committee. She was also a litigator with the Center for Individual Rights.

Coulter is the legal correspondent for "Human Events," writes syndicated columns for Universal Press Syndicate and for David Horowitz's TownHall.com website (she used to write for the National Review Online, but got fired after her post-9/11 column called for an invade-kill-and-convert response), and is a regular guest on a wide variety of talk shows. She has written multiple books, if you care to count openly fascist word salad as worthwhile reading material. 

Coulter is... well, let's be at least a little polite and call her odd. I can't really tell if she believes all the stuff she writes or if she's just a flack junkie, spouting off crazy rants and opinions because it will get her attention. Her columns denounce liberals in cartoonishly broad strokes, and it seems clear that she considers herself to be the true benchmark of political and moral thought -- if you disagree with her, you're evil and a liberal and a homosexual (the words are synonymous in Coulter's thesaurus). She says that you can't argue with Democrats because they only respond with invective, abuse, and lies, then responds to all criticism with invective, abuse, and lies. She hates Bill Clinton with astounding and unrelenting ferocity -- much more than your average conservative pundit. She is, frankly, the partisan Democrat's wet dream -- her opinions appear to line up perfectly with the stereotypical and mostly mythical Evil Heartless Hate-Filled Republican Antichrist Mofo -- and perhaps not coincidentally, since she also seems to believe in the stereotypical and mostly mythical Evil Heartless Hate-Filled Democrat Antichrist Mofo. Her second book, "Slander" was widely praised in the mainstream media for her extensive footnoting, but other researchers have shown that many of the footnotes she cited did not actually support the points she was making in the text.

Though Coulter has her share of fans, there are a number of conservatives who don't like her. She has been booed at conservative conferences and firmly rejected as a Congressional candidate by the Libertarian Party, and was even described as a "PR-hungry, free-swinging pundit" by National Review Online editor Jonah Goldberg, who also said that "like with a Fellini movie, the deeper you get, the less sense Ann makes."

Whether she really believes all the stuff she says or is just showing off for the TV cameras, Coulter is a poor advocate for the conservative cause. Like all partisans and fanatics, her arguments promote a small-minded view of both her own party and of the opposition and, in fact, rely on a good-vs.-evil worldview that has no connection to the real world. Coulter is the intellectual equivalent of a professional wrestler -- loud, flashy, belligerent, illogical, and entertaining -- and as long as she keeps bringing in the ratings, the talk shows will continue to book her as a guest.

Probably the worse news for Coulter is that as her looks fade and the rest of the Republican Party embraces levels of fascism that far outstrip her ability to top, she's gotten less interesting to the GOP faithful, who are more likely to view her as a weak-willed liberal -- or more disastrously for her career, boring.

http://www.anncoulter.com
http://www.anticoulter.com