I have always been fascinated by the imaginary places created in films, shows, comics, and books. I have always wanted to explore these fictional cities, fictional nations, and whole other worlds or dimensions. Or just to stroll down the single street or into the lone building that is imaginatively described by some artist.

Some of these have become quite popular and well detailed; especially ones that are part of on going series like Gotham City in the various Batman comic books. Other have become just as detailed through he efforts of fans or through the works of successive authors, though they are not as common due to copyright considerations.

On of my favorite references about them is The Dictionary of Imaginary Places complied by Alberto Manguel and Gianni Guadalupi. In that spirit I am compiling this list of imaginary places described on Everything.

Places Somewhere on Earth

Fantasy Worlds, Kingdoms, etc...

Other Planes, levels of being, and the like.

Science Fiction Planets and Empires

Imaginary Buildings, Houses, or Structures
(aka, stuff I could not figure where else to put.)

Some places that only seem imaginary:
Victorian London
Littleton
El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula
Denmark

I am always making additions. Email doctorm@diac.com, /msg me or (of course) softlink them here. If you were looking for a different listing of nodes try The Project project or its index.