"Whatever you do or dream you can do -- begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it."
JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

The goal of the magician is to create. His power is perfectly balanced between action and inaction, nature and science, thought and intuition. He represents an individual who masters his desires and as a result is able to turn his fantasies into physical reality.

Engineer of both spiritual and tangible worlds the magi is an energetic, potent force capable of moving mountains. "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame" said Dante.

Where the fool leaps into deep waters, the magician is the propelling force. In such a way we rise from the potential and innocence of the fool, into the creation and active knowing of the magician.

Traditionally, the magician/seer is an individual respected within their community for their knowledge and experience. Self-awareness guides such individuals to employ occult wisdom, practical knowledge of the earth and human nature in his creation and manifestation. He is a teacher, a healer, a priest and a scientist, a perpetual student who defies the impossible on a regular basis.

In most tarot decks a symbol of infinity appears over the magician's head, showing the flow of energy and cycle of destruction and rebirth.

When this card appears in a reading, it can represent someone of great knowledge who appears to alter the natural course of events.

In the position of "the self" consider that the questioner may be manifesting change and creation.

Reversed, this card can denote an abuse of power- an individual who uses their position and knowledge for their own gain to the detriment of others.

The magician accepts all things as being a part of himself- centered in the universe he sees that we are physical and spiritual creatures, and can not exist with only one aspect of our natures fulfilled.

In order to create anything, whether it is to cast a spell, paint a masterpiece or build a life for ourselves, we need to know what we want to change, and have a clear vision to follow.

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
His response was a question: "Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

LEWIS CARROLL