Take the Everything2 Alignment quiz!
Here's the rules:
- Don't you dare node your results.
I don't want to be responsible for a GTKY node. If you must share your results, /MSG me. Maybe I can turn my homenode into a list of noder's alignments.
- If no answer is totally correct for you, pick the nearest analogue.
- Don't insert information that isn't there. For example, for the family portion of the quiz, assume a typical family, even if yours is dysfunctional/abusive.
- The author is not responsible for your actions, and does not neccesarily agree with the agenda of the quiz. If you go on a killing spree because you found out you are evil, don't blame me!
- Scoring: Make 6 columns on a peice of paper, labeled A,B,C,D,E and F. After each possible answer, there will be a score. Add or subtract this number, as indicated, from the column. Results are given below.
Family leaders are expressing dissaproval of you to the family. do you:
- Accept their criticism and change your ways:(D+2)
- Seek compromise with the elders:(D+1)
- Attack their reputation, and ignore their criticism:(F+1)
- Silence the old idiots any way you can:(F+2)
Would you give up a promising career to aid the family when they need help?
- Without hesitation:(D+2)
- Yes, but with reluctance:(D+1)
- Only if I could return to my career soon:(E+1)
Would you betray a family member to advance your career?
- Without hesitation:(F+2)
- Yes, if It could be done secretly(F+1)
- I'd resist the temptation:(E+1)
- The very idea is abhorent:(E+2)
Do you respect the leaders of your family?
- Their words guide my actions:(A+2)
- They are my role models:(A+1)
- They are often out of touch with my life:(C+1)
- They are out of touch with reality(C+2)
If your family set up an arranged marriage to someone you detest. do you:
- Go through with it, proud to serve your family:(A+2)
- Agree, Hiding your reluctance:(A+1)
- Work against the union:(B+1)
- Run away:(B+2)
You are estranged from another family member. He seeks reconciliation on his deathbed. Do you:
- Speak to him, but hold your ground:(C+1)
- Refuse to speak to him:(C+2)
- Discuss your estrangement openly and without rancor:(B+1)
- Actively seek reconciliation, and heed his dying words:(B+2)
A powerful and corrupt judge offers you money if you will testify against a friend. Do you:
- Take the money and condemn your friend:(F+2)
- Take the money, Testify against your friend, but make your testimony useless:(F+1)
- Do not take the money and do not testify:(D+1)
- Do not take the money and testify on your friend's behalf, no matter the consequence:(D+2)
Do you become close to friends, or hold people at a distance?
- I have many close friends:(D+2)
- I have some close friends:(D+1)
- I have few close friends:(E+1)
- I keep people at a distance:(E+2)
Have you ever betrayed a friend?
- Several times, and sometimes I get away with it:(F+2)
- Yes, once(F+1)
- I've been tempted, but no(E+1)
- I'd never do such a thing(E+2)
How do you feel about lifelong commitment to a single lover?
- I am waiting to find such a romance:(A+2)
- Such romance would be ideal, if it is acheiveable:(A+1)
- I worry I would miss out on what others have to offer:(C+1)
- Tie yourself down to one person? Big mistake:(C+2)
Do you insist on repayment when lending money to friends?
- Yes, and I write a contract to avoid any misunderstanding:(A+2)
- Yes, but I will be flexible about repayment:(A+1)
- No, but it is nice to be paid back:(B+1)
- No, they just owe me a favor:(B+2)
Are you still in touch with childhood friends?
- Yes, and we coorespond regularly:(B+2)
- Yes, we try to keep in touch:(B+1)
- No, I move around too much:(C+1)
- No, I have nothing in common with them anymore:(C+2)
Do you donate time and money to improve your community?
- Yes, the needs of the community are my top priority:(D+2)
- Yes, I donate what I can, when my needs are met:(D+1)
- No, I have no time or money to spare:(E+1)
- No, it is a waste of time:(E+2)
Your community is going to be invaded! Will you:
- Defend it to your last breath:(D+2)
- Man the barricades alongside everyone else:(D+1)
- Flee when things look bad:(F+1)
- Deal with the invaders, and spy for them:(F+2)
If you were hurt and needed help, would your community do so?
- Yes, they know I would do the same for them:(E+2)
- Yes, I am generally well liked:(E+1)
- Probably not, since I am distrusted by the powers that be:(F+1)
- Never. I have enemies here:(F+2)
Do you respect the authorities, and the law of the land?
- Yes, without question:(A+2)
- Yes. That is how our society operates:(A+1)
- When it suits me; there are laws I do not approve of:(C+1)
- I pay them no heed, they have no authority over me:(C+2)
Do members of your community shun, mock, or avoid you?
- Yes. They are small minded and cant handle anyone outside the norm:(C+2)
- Some do. I don't always fit in:(C+1)
- No, I am generally seen as normal:(B+1)
- No, I set the standard for what is normal in the community:(B+2)
Would you run for office, or otherwise seek to publically represent your community?
Part 4:The Nation
- It would be an honor!:(A+2)
- Of course, it is everyone's duty to do so:(A+1)
- Only if no one else would do the job:(B+1)
- No, I do not want that kind of responsibility:(B+2)
Your country is suffering from famine. Do you:
- Share what food you have with others:(D+2)
- Eat as little as you can, and share what you have left:(D+1)
- Steal what food you need to survive:(F+1)
- Steal what food you can, and sell it at inflated prices:(F+2)
If offered enough money, would you slip poision into the king's/president's drink?
- Yes, and I've done similar things before:(F+2)
- Yes, if I could get away with it(F+1)
- No, though it would be tempting(E+1)
- No, and I would warn the authorities of the plot:(E+2)
A plague is sweeping the nation. Do you:
- Undertake a dangerous mission to find a cure:(D+2)
- Heal the sick as best you can:(D+1)
- Avoid contact with the ill:(E+1)
- Run away:(E+2)
Do you respect the rulers of the nation?
- Absolutely!(begin humming 'Hail to the Chief'/'god save the queen'):(A+2)
- Yes, our rulers are generally fair and just:(A+1)
- No, a ruler is no bettter than everyone else:(C+1)
- No, rulers are inevetably corrupted by power:(C+2)
If you were offered a lucrative deal, would you spy on your nation for a hostile forign power?
- Yes. My nation could stand to be knoked down a peg:(C+2)
- Yes, my nation's secrets mean nothing to me:(C+1)
- No, I might get caught(B+1)
- No, I would never violate my nation's trust:(B+2)
Do you rely on the government to enforce contracts and property rights?
Part 5:crime and punishment
- Yes, maintaining rule of law is more important than an individual dispute:(A+2)
- Yes, the courts are best equipped to handle these disputes:(A+1)
- Are you kidding me? the government can't even keep the roads paved(B+1)
- Absolutely not. if I cannot defend it myself, I do not deserve to have it(B+2)
If imprisoned, unjustly or otherwise, would you injure or kill others to escape?
- Yes. Serves 'em right for locking me up:(F+2)
- Yes. They knew the risks when they took the job:(F+1)(
- Maybe, if I only inflicted minor injuries(E+1)
- No, the guards are only doing their jobs(E+2)
Do you accept an employer's right to treat his employees as he pleases?
- Yes. They are lucky they arent't slaves:(E+2)
- Yes, they need some fear to make them productive:(E+1)
- No, People should treat each other as kindly as possible:(D+1)
- No one has any right to treat others badly, period:(D+2)
You accidentally committed a crime. Do you:
- Confess, and do your best to make restitution:(D+2)
- Confess, and throw yourself on the mercy of the court:(D+1)
- Hide any wrongdoing, lying if you have to:(F+1)
- Pin the crime on another(F+2)
If you were guilty, would you confess to a crime?
- Yes. It is my duty to do so:(A+2)
- Yes. It could get me a light sentence:(A+1)
- No. The magistrate/prosecutor must prove my guilt:(B+1)
- No, and I would try to 'prove' my innocence:(B+2)
Would you express a political opinion if such expression was a crime?
- Yes! I would rather be punished than remain silent! Revolution!:(C+2)
- Yes, someone must speak the truth:(C+1)
- No, but I might express it to close friends in private:(B+1)
- No. Politics isn't worth fighting over:(B+2)
You are travelling on urgent business. You see an assault, and, being the only witness, you are called to testify. This will delay you. Do you:
- Slip out of town late at night and get on your way:(C+2)
- Deny seeing anything:(C+1)
- Remain reluctantly, testify, and leave:(A+1)
- Remain until the trial's conclusion, in case you are needed again:(A+2)
What is the best use of wealth?
- To help the less fortunate:(D+2)
- To provide for friends and family:(D+1)
- To stay on top of the heap:(F+1)
- To stay on top of the heap, and keep others down:(F+2)
When you see beggars, do you:
- Give generously:(D+2)
- Give modestly:(D+1)
- Give only what I wouldn't miss anyway:(E+1)
- Ignore them(E+2)
You have discovered a way to forge money! Do you use it?
- Yes! I buy as much as I can!(F+2)
- Yes, but only in the ritzy shops(F+1)
- No! its too risky!(E+1)
- No, these people have families to feed(E+2)
you are given 2 job offers. A Dot com job has higher pay, but the government job is steadier and more secure. Which do you take?
- The dot com; The government job sounds like drudgery:(B+2)
- Probably the dot com, but I'd look at the government job:(B+1)
- The government job, unless the dot com was rediculously lucrative:(A+1)
- The government job; i plan for the long term:(A+2)
What is the best path to wealth?
- It's a matter of luck, being in the right place at the right time:(C+2)
- Staying flexible so you can take advantage of opportunities:(C+1)
- Following a long term plan that incorporates a comfortable level of risk:(A+1)
- Hard work and perseverance:(A+2)
If you accepted a contract for a job, and it suddenly got much more dangerous than when you accepted, would you complete it?
- Yes. My word is my bond:(B+2)
- Yes, it is good to have a reputation for dependability:(B+1)
- You can bet I would renegotiate:(C+1)
- If it is no longer a good deal, the deal is off(C+2)
Add your scores in all columns. If you haven't guessed already, A, B and C are where you stand on the scale of law and chaos: if A is largest, you are lawful; if C is largest, you are chaotic; if B is largest, or there is a tie, you are ambivalent, wavering, or neutral between law and chaos. D, E and F are good, neutrality and evil, respectively. If D is bigger, you are good; if E is bigger, you are ambivalent, wavering, or neutral as far as good and evil are concerned: I shudder to think if F is your strong suit. Combine them to get your complete alignment: Lawful good, Neutral good, chaotic good, lawful neutral, true neutral, chaotic neutral, lawful evil, neutral evil, chaotic evil.
Again, do not post your results here. If you must talk about your alignment, /msg me.