Ruby Tuesday, Inc.® is also a large, family oriented, restaurant chain. As of June 2001 there were 374 restaurants owned and operated by the parent company and 151 franchise restaurants bearing the name. These are located in 19 states and 12 international locations, such as Asia, Puerta Rico and India. For the fiscal period ending June 2002, Ruby Tuesday, Inc.® reportedly had revenues totaling $833.2 million.

In 1972, near the University of Tennessee in Knoxville the first Ruby Tuesday was opened by Sandy Beall. In 1982, after expanding into South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Alabama the chain was acquired by Morrison Restaurants, Inc®. In 1996 Morrison changed its name to Ruby Tuesday, Inc.®, favoring the better known name of its restaurant lines. 1997 saw the first franchise openings, one in America and 2 others internationally. The chain is planning to open between 45-50 new restaurants in 2002, primarily in existing market areas. The home office is located in Maryville Tennessee and boasts a training university.

As in similar chains (such as AppleBees®, Bennigans®, and TGI Fridays®) the decor is a blend of rustic chaos. Comfortable seating, eclectic food choices, alcoholic beverages, and music all serve up a casual dining experience. The chain offers a wide range of foods, including White Chicken Chilli, Quiche, and a salad bar. Among the most popular dishes served you will find baby back ribs, fajitas, and burgers. Their deserts include the signature TallCake in chocolate and strawberry. Entrees range in price from $5.99 to $15.99, and all food is prepared fresh daily. It should also be said that their menus are HUGE and have been steadily getting bigger over the last few years.

Information above was gathered in part at the following websites:
http://biz.yahoo.com/p/r/ri.html