A short listing of quotes from Ann Coulter... thanks to The Washington Monthly. Sometimes it's best to let someone speak for themself.


"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."
---Rivera Live 8/2/99

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"
---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient" ---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."
---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."
---Salon.com 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."
---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."
---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."
---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."
--Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."
---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."
---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."
---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."
---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."
---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."
---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman.... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."
---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."
---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."
---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."
---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."
---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."
---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."
---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."
---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."
---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."
---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."
---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."
---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."
---MSNBC 2/8/97

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard."
---Washington Post 10/16/98