Some random (ack) Work.
I'm trying to figure out how to import this MySQL database into PostgreSQL database.
Surprisingly, I found a good document about this... I had always been wondering how the MySQL User's Favorite Kluge, auto_increment, works in PostgreSQL.
(Scurries to do weird things)
Strange order of noding things... I just realized I had noded about "Log & LOAD!" =)
The import was rather painless (relatively speaking) - because PostgreSQL has this thing called SERIAL that looks and feels like MySQL's auto_increment. Making PHP to talk to the database wasn't too painless, though, and I still need to work on that...
People: Gabber can be a psychological burden.
- New version of Gabber gets released.
- Jabber.com server helpfully tells me that a new version is Out There.
- It does that every goddamned time I connect to the server.
- Every time.
- Yes, every time.
- Meanwhile, it's not available in Debian Testing release.
- It is available in Debian Unstable. It just happens to depend on terabyte of GNOME packages, none in Testing yet!
- Didn't want to mess apt's stuff again, so I needed to find all those packages myself... sort of hard...
Now I finally have an updated version of Gabber... I hope the rest of the day will be funnier.
Other day logs o' mine...
Noded today by y.t.: