Although I probably qualify as addicted to E2, I am beginning to wonder if I am also addicted to work. I woke up at 3:30 am this morning with an urge to check some production processes I am responsible for. Nevermind that I have a pager that will wake me up if something is going wrong.

Anyhow, the process has failed because for some reason, we (me?) were not monitoring the disk usage, and the partition was at 100% gone-usedup-zippo-no-more-space. So I go through the fun process of zipping up the files, shipping them off to a larger disk, blah blah blah blah. Of course there were processes that cron usually ran that had to be run by hand, so here it is, 6:30 am and I am sitting in front of my computer thinking, "I have a 10:30 am meeting and now I have no sleep...what to do what to do... AH HA! I'll take a nap."

I am one of those people that get this extremely heavy and groggy feeling if I take a nap from 6:30 to 8:30 and then try to get going. But after I shovel in some caffeine and Burger King into my system, I feel half-human and get through the rest of the day.

Meanwhile, I'm still avoiding dealing with a situation with my boss, who is a living example of The Peter Principle. A good guy, he got me this job (which I love), but still... sigh. Oh well, the week is 20% over!

One thing I've been enjoying about E2: when I'm working on a writeup, I'll often check with another browser window to see if a particular word or phrase has been noded, so that I don't have any hardlinks that just point off into outer space. What I've found is that by typing a longer phrase that I am pretty sure will not have a node, I get great search results consisting of really fun nodes!

For example, this writeup caused me to look for this:

nodes that point off into outer space

Of course there was no writeup like this, but how on earth would I ever had enjoyed the following gems:

So, the next time you're bored on E2, just start typing into the search engine!!! Heh heh.