A Charming New England Nodermeet (with Technology) in the unlikeliest place...

It's late in the game, and I have a lot of stuff going on, but I'd love to have a few noders come up for Labor Day weekend. The meet will be at Shaogo's restaurant in West Hartford, CT. See homepage for email details.

I'll be booking a couple of hotel rooms at a nearby (walking distance) Marriott Courtyard. Cost is $79/room and they won't mind if we stuff 'em with noders. My house, sadly, is off-limits merely because my lovely wife is stressed out about having strangers (to her) all over the place. (Who knows; she may change her mind.) Noders who cannot afford the hotel will be put up, somehow, at my expense. Just contact me.

Those who want to arrive Friday evening by 8:00 EST could enjoy the Carol August jazz show at the restaurant.

My restaurant is equipped with 8 static IP addresses, a 70" HDTV Sony Monitor (for videoconference) and WI-FI. Bring all the tech gadgets you want. We also have a sound system and video capabilities, for what it's worth... plenty of tech toys to communicate with the other nodermeets. It makes sense to have the nodermeet there 'cause there's food (on the house - and if y'all bring some, we'll have a covered dish supper!), we're open *all the time* and when we're not open we can rise and use the hotel's conference room to meet in the wee hours of the morning with other world nodermeets. Oh, and I forgot... there's lots of beer, booze, and a collection of wine.

As for extra-curricular activities, there's lots to see and do in West Hartford and in Hartford. (Those of you who like shopping will delight in the Westfarms Mall; Connecticut's most elegant.) For the guys, I can arrange a tour of ESPN's broadcast center in Bristol, CT - and my friend Dennis races stock cars at the local speedway (but crashes a lot).

THIS NODERMEET WILL BE CHILD-FRIENDLY (I don't have kids of my own, but those of you who *do* will find that my staff and I love kids and attend to their needs very well. They'll also dig the pool at the hotel, and there's a Rain-Forest Cafe at the Westfarms Mall that they'll enjoy. 20 minutes away is Lake Compounce, a full-fledged amusement park with plenty to do and cool rides.

Now, I've not been around a lot lately due to my father's terminal illness. But I know that I wouldn't be a wet blanket (he's doing alright for now) and frankly having a few noders around the place would be delightful.