my weekend started with the news that the youngest child of the family that acted as my surrogate when things were tough for me died on wednesday. i got the news friday, an half hour before the viewing so i changed clothes and sped over to the funeral home. i passed by where he crashed and died and that's when i started crying. it was an open casket which was very startling to me. there was christopher but he wasn't ever going to open his eyes again. i knelt in front of the casket and said a prayer for him and his family. i couldn't keep my eyes shut while i was praying. i just couldn't stop looking at his hands holding the rosary. it was his rosary, one i had always thought was cheesy because it's beads glowed in the dark. i don't know why i noticed (or why i can't get the thought of it out of my head) but his fingernails were dirty with what looked like motor oil.

i couldn't bring myself to go to the funeral on saturday morning. the whole situation had made me very upset. not only because christopher was dead, but because i wasn't sure what to say to someone who was now an only child or someone who had lost their youngest child.

i left the viewing and went to my boyfriends house. we went to a bar and i got myself good and drunk. (as an interesting side note there was a guy there who said he was a computer programmer, so of course i said "me too! what language do you program in?" when he responded "french, german, swedish" i was pretty sure he was a bullshit artist.)

when i woke up saturday i felt pretty shitty from hangover and nightmares. i had dreams about christopher's dirty fingernails. well, more specifically i had dreams of how his finernails got dirty. i had dreams of him clawing his way out of an overturned car through dirt muddied by oil leaking from the car.

i don't know how, but the weekend went from being terrible to being wonderful. my hangover soon dissapeared and my sister and brother-in-law called saturday to invite me and craig to dinner. it was their 5th wedding aniversary, and we went to the restaurant where their wedding reception had been. after dinner i was still aching to do something to keep my mind off stuff and so we went to find a go-cart racing track in the nearest hick town (frederick, maryland). i didn't win, but it's because all the guys race dirty (tee hee). we headed back to my sisters house and all four of us played monopoly (which i won, because i'm elite). it may sound a bit dorky, but i really enjoy spending time with both my family and my boyfriend. it pleases me that they get along so well.

on our way home from my sisters, craig and i stopped to pick up ice cream, milk, and chocolate syrup to make milkshakes. we decided to also grab sandwiches, and big-game lottery tickets in the hope of winning the 300 million prize. we went to bed full of thick chocolate milkshake and woke up at noon.

on friday i had e-mailed the boyfriend saying i wanted to try to find somewhere to go swimming this weekend, but despite the fact that it's in the 90's, no swimming pools around here open before memorial day. so i just said lets go outside and do something, even if it's just driving around. we took the top off my car and headed to craigs sisters house. it was hot and sunny and craig had bought a water rocket for his nephews, and we played outside most of the time. i found two four-leaf clovers, but i got burnt lobster red (it's a small price to pay).

we headed out once my stomach started growling and had calzones at a brick oven pizzeria nearby. then we headed back to virginia so i could drop craig off. we detoured to take the georgetown pike instead of the dulles toll road because it's far prettier, and i decided we should stop at great falls (an amazing sight, by the way) and walk around for a bit since there was still a few hours of sunlight left. we hiked down river along the rocks and amazingly i only fell down once. not so amazingly it left bruises all over my knees and shins. after an hour out there we headed back towards the car and back on the road to craigs.

what a gorgeous weekend it was. i love the sun and the hot weather. i got a good bit of exercize and spent time with the people i love the most.

i am still quite bummed about christopher dying, however he now knows the secret of what comes after life. i don't doubt that he will be around in spirit for his whole family when they need him. i kindly ask that anyone with spiritual beliefs think kindly of this family. they're hurting.



i know none of this really has anything to do with today but i didn't get a chance to node over the weekend (though my boyfriend indulged his hobby of everything jacking). as today progressed there will come more.

FOOD:

2 cups coffee with cream
1 veggie burger



a salesman just walked into my office and showed his lack of comprehension for other than his tan pants and deck shoes by telling me why he didn't think he could sell the product i've had a large hand in developing. his primary bitch was "why can't we make the software know how to get through all firewalls without the firewalls knowing?" uh. duh. stupid fuck. i just wonder why he thinks i'm going to be receptive to his unknowledgeable insults. even if he made valid points, i'm still not the person to go to for changes within the product. i'm not trained to know what sells. i'm not paid to know what sells. i know enough about it to keep my mouth shut. i wish he did.