"Care for a drink?" Asks the comically short man wearing a tuxedo
"Thanks.." I say looking at the brown goo.

I am on, as it seems, a cruise ship going down an orange river, the sky is orange too, come to think off it the background in general is orange. Apart from the pine trees that are popping out of no where in the large, and I think deep, river.

Im on the deck, right out the front, the whole boat is behind and below me.
I hear the children playing in the pool, in their child like manner. I hear the adults lieing in their deck chairs, sipping their drinks (god knows what) talking about bullet-head, all american topics.

It slowly starts to rain, like in all my dreams. Everyone goes inside, to eat fatty foods at the cheap buffet, or lose the little money they have left at the Vagas style casino. Or better yet, go to their shoe box cabins which smell of feet.

I stay. I stay and sit looking at the orange world around me. It is really pretty. Orange.
I wonder what those are in the sky. I stare, squint, and lean forward. Oh. Purple pigs flying.

I wake up.

There were 12 of us eating at some nice restaurant. In real life, I know only maybe 3 or 4 of them but we were having a good time, despite the fact that we were not going to pay. It was notorious eat&run -tactic we were going to implement.

There were only two girls around a big round table. A restaurant was very stylish, even trendy, but there was also a corner for us where we were chilling. I believe there was a fireplace giving a nice warming glow. But the girls were not very pleased by the eating habits of some men. True enough, some of them were stuffing forkfulls into their mouths as it has been ages since they saw any food last time.

After we had finished we moved outside on the street. We were not going to flee yet but relax a bit on the terrace. Well, if you can call it a terrace: Chairs and sofas were around the street, some were even jamming the traffic but no one cared and the traffic was low anyway so it wasn't a trouble after all.

When most of were settled into sofas it was the professor, my boss, who arrived. She started to make questions for Pekka S., on of my colleaques. He was even bit of scared of her and tried to change the subject and answered only affirmatively, a dodgy cunt. I hadn't yet sat down so as I reached for a chair I started to tell some facts to her. Raising my feet on the armrest of a sofa I really spoke my mind out and I have to admit I did it a bit of rude way but since most of the opinions I told her were not mine but those of my former colleaques had told me, it was easy to plead that I was only a messenger. Pekka S. objected me that it wasn't how the things were but I calmly said he wasn't working here during the summer when most of the troubles occurred. The professor wasn't too much impressed by the way I told things but I believe she would find it helpful later - from now on it wasn't all rumours since I had plainspokenly expressed the general mood of the department.

Reality check: The case of the department is actually just like it was in the dream but no one have yet told the exact problems we had during the summer - now the situation is much more better, it has to be said.

It is the future. The distant, but not-too distant future.

I'm walking down a hallway. It is a big, bright yellow hallway with lots of elevator-like doors. I am following two very attractive female guards. I am carrying a tazer-like stun gun. I stun the two guards repeatedly. I black out.

Time Shift

Reality returns. I am someone else. I am a Soldier - a General of some sort, and I've been assigned the task of entering this prison to speak to a prisoner. The prisoner is a General as well, but of another "faction", I assume. He is a prisoner, but is treated decently and with respect. I carry a stun gun which flips inside out and turns into some sort of plasma-based sidearm. (No physical rounds are fired - it fires quick bursts of directed energy.)

I enter the prison. It seems very familar. The hallways are big, and painted bright yellow. Each cell door is constructed similar to an elevator, and has doors like elevators. I walk up to one, and press the button. A loud "Ca-Chunk!" echoes from behind the door, and the prisoner's cell is lowered to the small window. I ask for the General by name (I don't remember it now), and the prisoner replies "No."

I repeat this process for two more cells, and on the third cell, the prisoner asks "Who wants to know?" I state my name, and unbelieving, the prisoner looks through the window and smiles. I say "Please state your occupation before opening the door.", and he replies "I'm a General."

The door opens, and he greets me with a handshake. I immediately get the feeling that we are old friends. We sit down at the table in his cell, and talk about the prospect of discussing peace. The other two guards stand behind the prisoner, and call the chief to let him know we have established contact. (I also get the impression that the prisoner and the chief are also old acquaintances.)

As I sit back down at the table, he quickly trots out of the cell. I jump up and pull out my sidearm. I exit the cell door, and turn to the left to find him grabbing a quick drink from the water fountain next to the cell door. I tell him "You want to inform me next time you decide to do that so I know not to chase you?" He smiles, and nods.

We sit down again, and have a conversation. The conversation is about nothing specific, and we're just bullshitting. Suddenly, he jumps up again, and bolts out of the cell door. He runs across the hall and starts to scale the side of the wall on the other end. At the top of the wall is a vent shaft, and that's what he's after. By the time I reach the wall, he's already halfway up and I'm fumbling with my sidearm. He's just about to enter the shaft, when I fire eight or nine low-yield discharges at his back. He slows, but doesn't stop. I fire two more, and he loses his grip on the wall and falls to the ground. I grab him by his collar and drag him back to the cell.

Time Shift

The prisoner and I are sitting at the table with the cell door securely closed. The door opens, and the chief arrives with his assistant. The chief suggests we take our discussions somewhere more public. I reluctantly agree, and we migrate to a restaurant. The restaurant is dark, with loud music and dance club-like lights. We are sitting at the table talking when the chief shakes his head. "No. This is crazy. Don't you see? This can't be the way it goes!" He suddenly stands up and points his plasma pistol at the prisoner. I jump up, immediately swing around pointing MY sidearm at the chief. I slowly and sternly say "Don't do it", with the emphasis on "Don't." He pauses for a moment, then fires a single, full-power discharge at the prisoner. I fire three stun shots at the chief, and turn to get a look at the last of the prisoner being vaporized.

This, of course, was enough to jolt me awake. I have a nightstand next to my bed, and on top is my fax machine and my answering machine. Looking at my answering machine, I notice an extra blink on the saved messages light. I press PLAY and skip to the second message.

The mechanical voice begins speaking.

TUESDAY, THREE TWENTY-THREE PM. MESSAGE TWO.

Through the answering machine's speaker, there is some shuffling barely audible. A few clunks, and then voices. The quality is scratchy and bad, but still understandable.

"No. This is crazy. Don't you see? This can't be the way it goes!"

Shuffling, a rubbing, and two clicks. Immediately after, a loud clank, more shuffling, two clicks, and a low buzzing sound.

"Donnnn't do it..."

A pause... and then a quick, loud, high-pitched "BZZOOO". There are three more, rapid-succession lower-volume "Bzzooo" sounds, with a backdrop of people yelling and running. All goes silent with a click.

END OF MESSAGES.

I sit there, absolutely dumbfounded at what I have just heard on my answering machine. I begin crying, partly in sadness, but mostly in absolute confusion and frustration.

I wake up. Again. for real, this time.

I bought a TV. A nice one, 37". And a great deal too, only about $2000. Too bad it was just a dream. Hell, when I bought it I told the salesdroid that I may bring it back the next day, but that was only because I was scared that my friends who are more into electronics would laugh at me for buying a television with the wrong type of picture tube. I did buy it with good intentions though. I was there at Future Shop, found a great deal, and made an impulse buy. After the droid had loaded the box (which was much longer than it should have been for that sort of a purchase, but as it was a dream it all made sense) into my hatchback (which I don't have of course) I took it home.

When I got home my girlfriend was in the shower, or the bath or something, so I set up the TV and called her over. I was pretty happy with it and how it fit nicely with the rest of the apartment, and how it was a pretty good size. From this I was rudely interrupted.

The weird thing is that this was the most remembered and most "real" dream I've had for a while. The apartment I came home to was pretty close to the last one I lived at (or so I thought when I woke up), and bringing the TV home to surprise my girlfriend matched up with the potted plant I brought home in real life.

I was sitting in the back seat of a taxi with a beautiful girl. I know her, have known her for years. She's one of my best friends, and is dating the brother of another friend.

We're sitting quietly, watching the scenery drift by. Our hands find each other lying on the faux-leather between us, and slip together, so naturally. We turn and look into each other’s eyes, my heart races. I start to squeeze her hand, so small and delicate. But with sad, somber eyes she pulls her hand from mine and turns back to her window.

I wake up and can't breathe, like my ribs are too small or my lungs are too big. How can something so small make my soul shake and shiver like this?

I'm standing in a meadow. I start to walk to the edge of a deep forest. I walk in. The trees are very high, so that I cannot see the tops of them. It is in semi-dark. I walk deeper and deeper into the forest. Finally, I come across a clearing. There is a beautiful house there. It is small, and I think that I saw one similar in a picture soemwhere. Walking in, I take in everything about the house. Then. I see a box and open it, finding a note saying soemthing thats enlightens me and makes me happy. I find my way out of the house, when I leave everything is different, it is much more bright outside, and their are more flowers then there were before. I follow the patch out of the forest, looking around and taking everything in, and end up at the meadow at the edge, where I awake.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.