The rain was streaming down upon me as i wandered aimlessly, i looked up and saw a mysterious woman sitting in the rain, her ochre dress was untouched by the descending darkness, she appeared engrossed in a glowing skull she kept on her lap, as i walked past, i felt her eyes upon me, they pierced my thin shield of mortal skin, and saw what i wished to hide, i looked at her, once, twice, thrice, and each time her eyes caught my heart in their warm embrace, and each time it was harder to look away, i looked back once more and finally, she spoke, her voice was the sweetest music to my ears, her few words spoke volumes to my poisoned heart, and freed those things i kept inside, she said "come here, im lonely, i need someone" i was lost, i was found, i followed her command, as i knelt before her the skull whispered into my ear, "fear her..." and then exploded into a green flame which burned me to the core, i looked into her violet eyes, dropped my skin, my disguise, as she looked through me, she asked "do you?" i kissed her hand and closed my eyes, she understood, put her arms around me, i embraced her, felt the smooth skin of her neck, kissed her there, her lips touched mine, lightly, softly, at first, but quickly turned to hard, passionate soul kisses, as our lust increased, we were basked in a growing maroon fog, the last thing i remember is her, fading away from the maroon fog that encompassed our world...

Water-based lubricant brand name, good for using with latex since oil/petroleum based lubricants break down latex (oops). Consistently one of the highest-rated lubricants.

"The Embrace" is the term that vampires in the World of Darkness line of role-playing games by White Wolf Games Studio use for the process of creating a new vampire. Put simply, the vampire who wishes to create a childe drains the subject of all his or her blood, and then feeds him or her a little of the vampire's blood. The subject will die for a brief instant, and then the power of the vampire's blood will bring the subject to unlife. Newly created vampires are usually quite hungry, so it's a good idea to have some fresh human blood on hand.

Vampires attatch tremendous significance to the Embrace; both of the major vampiric sects have certain laws and rituals which surround the creation of a new vampire (such as the Tradition of Progeny and the rite of Presentation in the Camarilla, and the various Creation Rites of the Sabbat).

The vampire thaumaturges of Clan Tremere may have developed a means of creating a new vampire without using this process, but of course they have not shared it with anyone else.

Eric Chapus aka Endorphin blew away the critics with this, his 1998 debut album. Released only a month after he was signed with Sony, Embrace sold well in excess of 15,000 copies, and was a landmark in the field of Australian electronic music. Soon after the release of this album Endorphin was able to secure himself a support spot on the Massive Attack Australian tour.

Embrace includes the track 'Relapse', which lead to him being discovered by Triple J's Unearthed initiative. Relapse incorporates a menagerie of sounds, combining trip-hop beats, piano, and aboriginal sounds to create an ambient feel, and truly unique piece of music. The most popular song on this album would have to be the now internationally recognized 'Satie 1', which was sampled on volume 6 in the series of Cafe del Mar compilations.

Embrace is an album of enchantment, set to an urban beat. It entrances from beginning to end, taking the listener on a magical ride to the nether worlds and back again.

Embrace - Sony, 1998

Not to be confused with the 80s punk band of the same name, Embrace is a rock/pop outfit inaccurately but frequently described by reviewers as a fusion between Oasis, the Unbelievable Truth and the Verve. While the aforementioned bands may have been influential to some extent, the Embrace ouevre is totally unique with its passionate britrock anthems and powerful ballads, interspersed with some really catchy pop tunes.

Embrace was formed in the early 90s by the McNamara brothers, Richard and Danny. The moment of inception came when Danny stormed into the family's basement in West Yorkshire, UK, where his younger brother was practising with his hardcore thrash band, and decided to hijack the session. The two brothers then decided to begin writing their own songs, with Danny penning the lyrics and Richard writing the music. Soon after, Mike Heaton was recruited on drums, and Embrace began to play regular gigs. It was at one such gig, 1993's Heineken festival, where Danny McNamara had the musical epiphany that forged the foundation for the Embrace of today. While onstage, Danny realised that he and his bandmates had been attempting to court success by emulating other bands, such as U2. The following day, Embrace scrapped every song they'd written up to that point, and began anew.

They spent the two following years writing and rehearsing new songs. During this time, Steven Firth joined the band on bass. In October of 1996, Embrace signed with Virgin Records subsidiary Hut Recordings, releasing their first single, "All You Good Good People" in February 1997. It was followed by two more singles, the soulful, piano-driven "Fireworks" and the racous "One Big Family". The next year saw the re-released "All You Good Good People" enter the charts at #8, their best showing yet. Another single, the successful ballad "Come Back to What you Know", followed before the band released their highly anticipated first album The Good Will Out on June 8.

Their first album entered the charts at the top spot, and was released in the USA the following month. Their second album, Drawn From Memory, was released 2 years later in the spring of 2000, to high accolades. While much of the hype surrounding Embrace has died down, their second and third albums (If You've never Been, 2001) have shown that what began as a minor pop phenomenon may now be of the greatest bands to emerge from the post-britpop music scene.


sources:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=12:11:10|PM&sql=B7hddyl2oxpbb
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/3DDA699A65674B7A482569670005F348

In my head
I see you
It has been a month
You pause

Then

You pull me
Into your arms
In a strong embrace
You do not let go

The world stops
For just a moment
I breathe you
Everything is fine

Em*brace" (?), v. t. [Pref. em- (intens.) + brace, v. t.]

To fasten on, as armor.

[Obs.]

Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Em*brace", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Embraced (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Embracing (?).] [OE. embracier, F. embrasser; pref. em- (L. in) + F. bras arm. See Brace, n.]

1.

To clasp in the arms with affection; to take in the arms; to hug.

I will embrace him with a soldier's arm, That he shall shrink under my courtesy. Shak.

Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them. Acts xx. 1.

2.

To cling to; to cherish; to love.

Shak.

3.

To seize eagerly, or with alacrity; to accept with cordiality; to welcome.

"I embrace these conditions." "You embrace the occasion."

Shak.

What is there that he may not embrace for truth? Locke.

4.

To encircle; to encompass; to inclose.

Low at his feet a spacious plain is placed, Between the mountain and the stream embraced. Denham.

5.

To include as parts of a whole; to comprehend; to take in; as, natural philosophy embraces many sciences.

Not that my song, in such a scanty space, So large a subject fully can embrace. Dryden.

6.

To accept; to undergo; to submit to.

"I embrace this fortune patiently."

Shak.

7. Law

To attempt to influence corruptly, as a jury or court.

Blackstone.

Syn. -- To clasp; hug; inclose; encompass; include; omprise; comprehend; contain; involve; impl

 

© Webster 1913.


Em*brace" (?), v. i.

To join in an embrace.

 

© Webster 1913.


Em*brace", n.

Intimate or close encircling with the arms; pressure to the bosom; clasp; hug.

We stood tranced in long embraces, Mixed with kisses. Tennyson.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.