A few weeks ago my older brother was talking about Robitussin, this of course got me interested. So I have been reading up on DXM. The DXM faq, erowid.org's DXM vault, and writeups on E2 about DXM

I intended to try DXM over the previous weekend, but circumstances conspired against it. However the administration at my school decided that the teachers should have a few hours of meetings on Wednesday. Therefore I was left with the prerequisite free time to experiment with drugs.

Getting the robitussin was the most work I have had to do to get drugs in a long time. I live in a rural town where the nearest store that sells robitussin is about two miles away from my house. This becomes more of a problem when you factor in my lack of both driver's license and car.

I decided to bike to save time. As the final event in a long string of crushing defeats I discovered that six of the seven bikes in my garage are either much too small for me or have no air in their tires. The final bike was a mountain bike that was only slightly too small for me. A few moments to get money and I was off like a shot.

I got the Robitussin without further incident. I returned home with both my prize and a new understanding of how out of shape I am.

After logging on to Erowid.org for some dosing advice, I took 115ml of Robitussin. For me this is 6 mg/kg. I was hoping to get a nice second plateau trip. However I proved to be more resistant to DXM than most people. This is no huge shock as I often have a fairly high tolerance to drugs. The most common complaint I read about DXM was the awful taste of the cough syrup that you have to drink to get it. I had almost no trouble drinking the syrup. It had a bit of an overpowering mint taste, but other than that I had almost no problem with it.

I decided to record my experience as it happened in the daylogs. By the time I finished the initial writeup I was starting to feel some mild effects. I put a techno playlist on Winamp and then relaxed.

Shortly the DXM was in full swing and I started to feel drunk. Not really drunk, but I had the uncoordinated, slow movement that I get when I have been drinking. It was almost as if I gave orders to my body and it followed them to the best of it's ability. I got a good taste of the euphoria that DXM can cause. The next effect I noticed was a distorted sense of time. Almost an hour passed without me noticing.

At this point I had begun to feel the psychosomatic effects that DXM has. When I lay down on the floor, I would instantaneously get tired and start to fall asleep. However when I was standing and moving I was very energetic. To use up some of my now excessive energy I decided to practice with my sword. It is a Roman Gladius, about two and a half feet long and quite heavy. I found I could swing it with almost no effort.

At this point I was getting hungry, so I went downstairs and made myself a small snack. I discovered two things on the way. First music plays a very big part in the trip, at least on the lower plateaus. My mood was much less energetic without the background music. Second is that my sense of taste was almost completely gone. The food I had tasted like cardboard.

At this point looking at my computer's monitor had become unpleasant, so I decided to try a few other things. I went for a walk - mostly uneventful, and I watched some TV. Cartoons proved to be quite interesting.

The comedown was gradual and I hardly noticed when I was back to my normal self.

And so ended my first DXM trip, not with a bang, but a whimper.


I had a blast trying DXM and I hope to do it again, mabye in a week or two. For me the worst part of trying it was the bike ride to get it. I would recomend trying it if you think you might enjoy it, but be careful to know what you are getting into. I am sure my trip would have been very different for someone who is not very tolerant to drugs.